The Foundation seeks to expand economic opportunity and stimulate growth within Lancaster County. In this portfolio, the Foundation prioritizes STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education programs. It also supports programs that promote economic and workforce development in Lancaster County. To help meet its objectives, The Steinman Foundation serves as the fiscal sponsor for the Lancaster County STEM Alliance.
Lancaster County STEM Alliance
The Lancaster County STEM Alliance is a group of dedicated thought leaders who share the following vision for the future of Lancaster County:
As a hub for STEM literacy and experiential learning, Lancaster County attracts and retain visionary job creators, inspire learners of all ages to achieve academic excellence, and engage all its citizenry in building a prosperous future.
This group has identified five strategic priorities in support of this vision:
- Increase community awareness of, and engagement in, STEM learning.
- Offer rational career exploration activities for all ages.
- Integrate STEM learning curricula PreK through 16.
- Increase student opportunities for experiential and informal learning.
- Bring education and industry closer together.
STEM Alliance Advisory Board
The STEM Alliance is governed by an Advisory Board comprised of local school, non-profit, university, government, and private sector leaders. The work of the Alliance is led by Sandy Strunk, Executive Director.
The Lancaster County STEM Alliance Advisory Board provides guidance and advice to The Steinman Foundation in supporting STEM efforts and helps to coordinate the community’s work in support of its shared vision.
Advisory Board Members
- Robert Krasne, Chairman (Steinman Communications)
- Sam Bressi, Vice Chairman (Lancaster County Community Foundation)
- Dr. John Anderson (Millersville University)
- Tom Baldrige (Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- Dr. Brian Barnhart (Lancaster – Lebanon IU-13)
- Dr. Bill Griscom (Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology)
- Richard Heisey (Case New Holland International)
- Terry Kraft (The North Museum)
- Dr. Damaris Rau (School District of Lancaster)
- Lisa Riggs (Economic Development Company of Lancaster County)
- Michael Shirk (The High Companies)
- Dr. Jon Zuo (Advance Cooling Technologies Inc.)
STEM Alliance Staff
Sandy Strunk, email@example.com
For more information on the Lancaster County STEM Alliance and how to apply for STEM grants, please visit: www.lancasterstem.org